Best Review on Krups FDD912 Expert Waffle Rotary
I was very pleased with this waffle iron. To my surprize, the waffles did Not stick to the grills and every waffle came out perfect every time! Infact, just as a test, I made a waffle without any oil or whatever, and it came out great! I also like the unique way the iron rotates and how fast the waffles cook. Clean-up was a breeze as well. For me, this product is worth the price! I only regret not purchasing it the first time around. I had previously purchased another brand of waffle iron.... and what a complete waste of money it was. I have never used Krups products before, but if they make all of their products as well as they make waffle irons, they've got my vote! Thank you for making a such a great product. I am so glad that I purchased this item. I would highly recommend it to everyone.
Get your Krups FDD912 Expert Waffle Rotary Now!
I have had mine now for a couple of months and it has gotten a great deal of use. I find that it cooks evenly every time (if I could only master getting the exact right amount of batter in it that would be a coup!) and it heats up by the time I have my batter made. It is a nice heavy stainless steel construction and very well made.
BalasHapusThe plates came off easily for cleaning (love that feature!) and were easy to clean. I also appreciate that the tray on the bottom is easily removed for cleaning. I think it was ingenious to not have it connected to the unit. It has slots which allow it to sit well and stay put on the base until you want to slide it out for cleaning.
I chose this particular unit not only for its great reviews but because I like the rectangular waffle shape more than the round shape of other units. All in all I absolutely could not be more pleased with this Krups Waffle Maker!
This is a wonderful appliance and at what a savings! Mine arrived promptly and in "shipped from the manufacturer" condition. This is such an improvement over my old waffle maker (no matter how much I greased it the waffles always stuck).
BalasHapusThe first time I tried it was on my new son-in-law and I was eager to make a good impression. A red light indicates the appliance is on and a green light tells you when it's ready to cook. My first waffle came out beautifully and you-know-who ate it with great satisfaction and requested another. Then I screwed up. You see, if you don't follow directions and forget to rotate the waffle maker your waffle splits in half and can't be put back together again! Third time I did it right.
Waffle grids slide out easily for cleaning in the dishwasher. Outside of stainless steel appliance my be cleaned with soap and water or glass cleaner if you prefer. Handle folds down and therefore the appliance stores easily.
I was too busy to follow the gram instructions in the recipe booklet accompanying the waffle maker and too busy to beat egg whites separately. So I used my tried and true pancake recipe which turned out great. In the future I'll be more creative!
Highly recommended for waffle lovers!
I was very pleased with this waffle iron. To my surprize, the waffles did Not stick to the grills and every waffle came out perfect every time! Infact, just as a test, I made a waffle without any oil or whatever, and it came out great! I also like the unique way the iron rotates and how fast the waffles cook. Clean-up was a breeze as well. For me, this product is worth the price! I only regret not purchasing it the first time around. I had previously purchased another brand of waffle iron.... and what a complete waste of money it was. I have never used Krups products before, but if they make all of their products as well as they make waffle irons, they've got my vote! Thank you for making a such a great product. I am so glad that I purchased this item. I would highly recommend it to everyone.
BalasHapusBy A Customer
BalasHapusVery happy, November 26, 2003
BalasHapusI absolutely love this waffle maker. I love kitchen gadgets, and this is my favorite. The advantages to this one over all of the others is that it makes 2 huge waffles at one time, it only takes 3 1/2-4 minutes per waffle on the highest setting, it's amazingly easy to clean up since the drip pan goes in the dishwasher, and it bakes perfectly ever time.
BalasHapusHere's a great, easy recipe that we love: 2 cups baking mix (like bisquick), 1 1/3 cup milk, 2 tablespoons oil, 1 egg, and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla. Put everything in a bowl, beat well. (I use my Kitchenaide mixer).
Enjoy!!
I normally would not spend this much money on a waffle maker but I don't regret it at all. After reading the reviews of all the waffle makers, I decided to go with the Krups. The one factor that made me go with this one instead of the Waring was the handle. The handle looks to be study enough to last - cast metal and it folds down and out of the way. I'm not worried about it breaking.
BalasHapusIts easy to use, a snap to clean and makes beautiful, thick waffles. No sticking - the waffles come right off. The waffle recipes in the booklet are in metric but there are a hundreds of recipes to be found on the internet and cookbooks, so no big deal.
The first time out I fixed a big batch of waffles for my teenagers and a house full of their friends. It was easy, fast and delicious. Can't beat that!
I looked for a long time before I decided on this one, and I am very happy with my choice. Things I like are as follows:1)Makes great waffles...fast (I've used it on 6 separate occassions so far, average time per waffle has been less than 3 minutes)Waffles have come out of non-stick surface perfectly every time2)Easy clean up (non-stick is just that in this case, and stainless drip tray also cleans up very easily)3)Compact... for a rotary waffle maker, handle folds down to further compress its footprint on your countertop4)Solid construction, this thing is solidly built without being unweildy, seems like it will last a long time
BalasHapus99 of 101 people found the following review helpful
BalasHapus5.0 out of 5 stars
BalasHapusI recently purchased this item, and made a batch of waffles this morning. They came out perfectly. The machine heated fast, and indicated it was ready with a green light. This is to me much preferable to a just thermostat light going off.
BalasHapusI poured in the batter, pressed down 10 seconds, then flipped it. I was timing the doneness by the browness of the extra batter which came over the edge and the amount of steam coming out.
The waffles come out easily. The waffles have high ridges, and are perfectly evenly browned. The machine doesn't smoke much so I don't have to keep it near the jenn aire. The machine feels solid, has a heavy cord and looks great next to my Kitchenaid pro items. It doesn't take up much space and I can leave it on the counter.
Here's my recipie for a small batch, it will make enough batter for 2 waffles (which is more then enough for 2 people IMO).
My recipie for 2 full sized waffles:
1 cup flour
1 1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 tbs sugar
2 eggs separated
scant 1 cup milk
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1. Sift dry ingredients into a bowl.
2. Beat egg whites until stiff.
3. Add egg yolks, milk and oil to dry ingredients using a hand rotary or electric mixer, mix thoroughly.
4. Gently fold egg whites into batter.
Enjoy!
We have had so many waffles since this waffle maker arrived. it is easy to use and makes beautiful waffles. the best part though is that the griddles come apart from the base for easy cleaning!
BalasHapus
BalasHapusI looked at most of the waffle makers before I decided on this one, and I am very happy with the Krups. The waffles come out nice and crisp on the outside and moist on the inside. The non-stick coating has not failed me yet. Waffles come out in one piece and cooked perfect. Cleanup is a snap with the removable plates and removable drip tray. I cook my waffles on heat setting 4 1/2 for 4 and 1/2 minutes. I use packaged waffle mix and they come out perfect. I highly recommend this to any one looking for a new waffle maker. Read the owners manual before using the waffle maker for the first time.
BalasHapus
BalasHapus
BalasHapus