Senin, 15 Oktober 2012

The bread that fools them all!

Best Review on The Gluten Free Pantry Favorite Sandwich

The Gluten Free Pantry Favorite Sandwich

I made a gluten free meal for my Bunco group. My menu was early Thanksgiving. The main item was hot turkey sandwiches. I mixed the Gluten Free Pantry Sandwich Bread Mix according to manual directions. I divided it into 12 greased 8 oz.Corelle bowls, covered them with plastic wrap sprayed with Pam. I put them on two cookie sheets in the oven preheated to 250 with a pan of boiling water and shut the oven off to rise until I liked how they looked. I removed the plastic wrap and heated the oven to the temp. on the box of mix and baked until golden brown and sounded hollow when I tapped the top. I cooled them on a rack and then froze them in zip lock bags. The day of my party I took them out of the freezer and cut them in half. I placed them on a serving tray and put them in a paper grocery bag to warm them in the oven just before serving. My gluten free friends were elated to have real food that everyone was eating as well and they didn't have to worry what they could or couldn't eat. By the way, the rest of the menu was Sweet Potato Oven Fries, Cranberry Applesauce, Relish Tray of Carrots, Celery, Ripe Olives and Pimento Olives and Pumpkin Mousse for dessert.

Get your The Gluten Free Pantry Favorite Sandwich Now!

5 komentar:

  1. I need to find a really good bread that will hold up good in a sandwitch. One that doesnt taste like cardboard and one that won't crumble. We've tried the gluten free pantry favorite sandwitch bread, I like it and find it to be a good bread but my husband doesn't like it. I dont care if it's pre made or if it's a mix, I'll take any suggestions. Thank you.

    BalasHapus
  2. A disease where we can't eat much of anything. On a daily basis we have to describe to everyone what Celiacs Disease is, and what Gluten is. Horrific sickness can be caused by a single bread crumb, "our bread" tastes like cardboard, and the worst part, beer is off limits! It's wonderful huh? Just wondering how many celiacs are on yahoo! I've been following the diet for a few years now and I certainly know the hardships that come with it. Talk about whatever you want in this question, it's completely open! :)

    BalasHapus
  3. It seems like most recipes that are sugarfree are almost like a fruit cake! I don't like splenda (fake tasting artificial sweetners) and am trying hard to find something as close real cake or even some other regular dessert that would be suitable for the diabetic diet restrictions. (not more than 15mg sugar per serving)-1 portion.

    BalasHapus
  4. i am looking to follow a "special k" sort of diet except i can only eat food that are gluten free. does anybody know what cereals out there that are gluten free but low calories?

    BalasHapus
  5. I don't want to bake the bread if I can help it, prepackaged would be preferable.

    BalasHapus