Best Review on Rosewill R BM 01 Programmable Bread Maker
I have used numerous audio/video and computer hardware from this manufacturer in the past, and always with great results. This was no exception. So far, I have made at least 2 loaves of bread a week with this machine, and every single one has turned out flawlessly. Even without the use of liquid measuring cups to measure my liquid ingredients (which I had read in several places can destroy your loaf of bread with bread machines), each loaf has been amazing! So far I have tried the ultra-fast bread setting, basic white, wheat, dough, and sweet bread settings. They have all worked wonderfully well.
The timer function is wonderful, too. It allows you to program the bread machine to finish in up to 12 hours time. This way, I have come home from work to fresh baked bread on numerous occasions, having timed it to finish just minutes before I walk through the door.
The manual is easy to follow and understand, although the English can be a little spotty at times, it doesn't take any real deciphering to understand what the directions mean. The stock recipes that come in the book, to my experience so far, all work well, although I would also highly recommend a good bread machine cook book (or some nice online recipes) to go along with this purchase.
Also, if you make as much bread as I do with this (as you should), then you are definitely going to want a nice, dependable bread box, such as this one: Progressive International Adjustable Bread Keeper
So far, myself, my wife, and two young children are in love with this machine. It was a very wise, and affordable, investment.
I just made my first bread in this breadmaker and it turned out perfect! At the same time, I bought Beth Hensperger's book "The Bread Lover's Bread Machine Cookbook" because it was highly rated and I did my research. Because I am new to this, last night, I read ALL of the pages in the book leading up to the first recipe. If you do this, you will see what I mean. She explains why the recipes call for certain things and what kind of ingredients you need. Before baking, I had to make a trip to the grocery store to get vital wheat gluten, bread flower, LeSaffre yeast, nonfat powdered milk, etc. because just about every recipe in the book needs one or more of these. Had I known I would need the vital wheat gluten and LeSaffre SAF yeast beforehand, I could have ordered both on Amazon at the same time and at a much better price than the grocery. In fact, I did order from Amazon last night (will arrive Thursday) but was so anxious to make bread I bought small amounts at the store last night to get me by. She explains in detail the reasons why she uses these particular ingredients and brands and I have to say I second that motion! I made the very first recipe in the book. I followed her directions exactly to the letter. The bread was perfect and the machine performed wonderfully. The only con I will give this machine is that the instruction manual had numerous typos and lacked explanation when I wanted it; however, when coupled with the bread machine book, I was able to use the recipe in that book and get machine specific info from the manual. So far, I'm happy and that's what counts around here!
BalasHapusThis is my 3rd breadmaker and while its not an expensive one, it mixes better than the more expensive one I just laid to rest. The paddle mixes the ingrediants well and it leaves a smaller shallower hole in the bottom. I only use the light crust setting the medium is too dark and I did not try the dark crust setting. For the price it is a good value.
BalasHapusI am amazed at the timely order in which my Rosewill automatically executed its duties. Quiet, cool to touch, neat, no mess,great texture, seductive taste. I could go on and on....For a novice like me, this is the answer to my baking problems. I am sending one to my daughter in Calif.,Thank you rosewill. alvin.
BalasHapusI've been using this bread machine on a weekly basis for almost a year, and it's been working greatly until the inner pan was recently scratched by accident. I couldn't find a replacement on the market so that my boyfriend contacted the company for buying a pan. Their customer service responded shortly and sent us a new pan from their warehouse for free. I'm amazed at how helpful the company is, despite that they are not specialized at making bread machine. Also speaking of the machine itself, I find it just as good as the brand-name ones with a fraction of the cost. Highly recommend!
BalasHapusI have used a Panasonic SD-YD250 breadmaker before so I will compare this unit to the Panasonic. For a basic bread maker, this is a great unit. So far, I have used it to make basic and sandwich bread and it has delivered. In sandwich bread mode, the bread is not as fluffy as the Panasonic but good enough. It is slightly more noisy compared to the SD-YD250 but it doesnt bother me too much. The parts on the machine do feel flimsy and I hope with some love and care this will give me years of service.
BalasHapus
BalasHapus