Read First Before Buy SanDisk MicroSDXC Memory Adapter SDSDQU 064G AFFP A
Bought this card to use with my Samsung Galaxy Tab2 7in tablet, based on others who have reported getting it to work in their Galaxy Tab 2.
Bottom line, you gotta reformat this card as FAT32 with 32kb sectors to work in the Galaxy Tab 2, and that requires jumping thru some hoops as Win6/Vista does not even offer the choice to format as FAT32, only as NTFS or exFAT, neither of which will work with the Galaxy Tab 2 (Android v4.04) You have to use 3rd party software to accomplish this. A FREE solution is the EaseUS Partition Master free software you can download from cnet or direct from EaseUS. I had a commercial package already installed (Acronis DiskDirector) that I used.
Once fomatted as FAT32 with 32kb sectors, the card is recognized AND all the space is seen and useable.
Highly recommended if you need the space. I would assume that this would also make LARGER microSDXC cards work as well
John
I ordered this from Amazon and just received it. The packaging was as shown on the web page and identified the microsSD as a 64Gb UHS1 Class10 microSDXC. When inserted into my new Samsung Galaxy S3, the phone recognized the memory card and indicated free space on it as 59.45GB. This was without formatting it with the phone. The first time I opened the camera app after inserting the microSD, a popup asked if I wanted to use the SD for storage-naturally I selected Yes. So far, I'm happy with my purchase.
BalasHapusWorks great with my Galaxy S3. Didn't need to format the card or anything. Just popped the card in and everything worked great out of the box. Transfer speeds are excellent with this card. I would recommend this card to everyone.
BalasHapusBought this card to use with my Samsung Galaxy Tab2 7in tablet, based on others who have reported getting it to work in their Galaxy Tab 2.
BalasHapusBottom line, you gotta reformat this card as FAT32 with 32kb sectors to work in the Galaxy Tab 2, and that requires jumping thru some hoops as Win6/Vista does not even offer the choice to format as FAT32, only as NTFS or exFAT, neither of which will work with the Galaxy Tab 2 (Android v4.04) You have to use 3rd party software to accomplish this. A FREE solution is the EaseUS Partition Master free software you can download from cnet or direct from EaseUS. I had a commercial package already installed (Acronis DiskDirector) that I used.
Once fomatted as FAT32 with 32kb sectors, the card is recognized AND all the space is seen and useable.
Highly recommended if you need the space. I would assume that this would also make LARGER microSDXC cards work as well
John
While I got this card as a "deal of the day" on Amazon, I would gladly pay $79.99 for it!
BalasHapusWith that said, there has been some skepticism related to the serial number of the card as it is displayed on Amazon. I can confirm that I received a brand new 64 Gb card with the serial SDSDQUA-064G-U46A. The packaging of the card says that it is a Class 10 / UHS Speed Class 1. After formatting / copying over 20 Gb of data from my Evo 3D's previous card, I get write speeds of about 9 Mb/s and read speeds of about 20 Mb/s. I am fine with this, and can not complain because I don't believe the Evo 3D is intended to be compatible with SDXC cards, however it does work just fine.
BalasHapusBought this microSD because I just got a Microsoft Surface and unlike many tablets/slates the Surface has expandable storage using microSD. Put this thing in under the kick stand and now have a 96gb Microsoft Surface. Just put in and went.. Simple as that.. Makes the amazing Surface that much better.
BalasHapusThe last few days I have been diligently shopping for a MicroSDXC card to utilize in my new smart phone. I have a long term positive experience using SanDisk cards. I quickly became confused about the differences between the so called "Mobile" Ultra cards and the Ultra cards. The performance specs to my "intermediate tech experience" eyes were virtually the same. The prices were also similar, with the "Mobile"version slightly higher. To finally resolve my confusion I contacted SanDisk technical support. To my surprise, the "Mobile" version is the older, no longer manufactured version. The Ultra is the current model. So I immediately bought the current Ultra version, which very fortunately AMAZON had on sale!
BalasHapusSomeone else posted stating this card was a class 6 (without obviously receiving the item) they are 100% incorrect. I have received the card in the packaging shown on the picture with the same exact model number and it is indeed a class 10 card.
BalasHapusHere is a speed test from my phone. Class 10.
[...]