Read First Before Buy Heat Adventures Pasta Maker Apprentice Dante Quoting
I have to say, it is rare that a non-reference/instruction book actually teaches its readers skills, facts, and useful practices. Heat is both enjoyable and, I can honestly say, highly practical. As I read about Buford's highly entertaining apprenticeships, I also learned how to make specific kinds of pasta, prepare a really great pasta dough, how to prepare several meals, and many other fascinating classical Italian methods of food preparation. It doesn't hurt that, in profiling Batali and his mentors (notably Marco Pierre White), Buford finds highly unique individuals and careers from which to draw interesting anecdotes. The only downside (and even this isn't much of a bother) is Buford's lack of objectivity when it comes to Batali. Buford clearly is infatuated with Batali and his cooking, but we, as readers, learn little about the man's flaws or unfiltered reactions. I feel as if I came away with a wonderful understanding of Buford as a person, but still know little about Batali.
Get your Heat Adventures Pasta Maker Apprentice Dante Quoting Now!
I'm looking for books about food and culture or the 'geography of food'. Anything interesting and food-related :]
BalasHapus