Read First Before Buy Cuisinart CBK 200 Convection Automatic Breadmaker
I received this bread machine as a birthday present. I am a long-time bread maker, and considered myself a "purist," i.e., I did it all by hand. But my life is busy, and I realized I had not made homemade bread in years. This machine has gotten a lot of use, at least once per week. I have used it a lot to make various sourdough breads, and I even re-created my mother's oat bread recipe for a bread machine--excellent. I highly recommend this product. A few tips: make sure the pan is seated well in the machine. Use the "light" crust setting. And I make almost all whole grain breads, but found that the whole grain setting did not work nearly as well as setting #1 for white bread. I use the white bread setting all the time now, never the whole wheat setting.
Get your Cuisinart CBK 200 Convection Automatic Breadmaker Now!
I am really disappointed to see so many bad reviews for this machine. It is without doubt one of the most unattractive appliances I own, but it produces the best quality machine baked bread I have ever produced.
BalasHapusWith over 10 years of experience with bread makers, and having owned Panasonic, Sunbeam, and the "Z" brand machines, I can report that the Cuisinart beats them all. It does require some supervision to ensure that the dough mixes completely - a careful scooping of any flour in the corners of the tin early in the mixing cycle is all that is required, but the rising and baking programs are perfectly timed.
While it is possible that some of the negative experiences may have been due to faulty machines, I know from experience that many buyers expect these machines to be totally automatic (hands off) and totally silent (this machine is about average in this regard - the Panasonic is a stealth machine). In reality however no bread machine is very forgiving, and inconsistent measuring of ingredients usually results in "hockey puck" loaves.
It is also interesting that a number of the things that other reviewers list as faults, are merely misunderstandings of the way in which it operates. For example, the red "mix-ins" light is meant to come on at power up - pressing the button next to it turns it off if you don't need to add raisins etc. It is not faulty simply because you can't turn it off after the cycle starts - most machines lock the initial settings after the cycle kicks off.
Buy one of these machines, take the time to read the manual, measure carefully, and prepare for wonderful fresh baked bread.
This Bread machine is great. Works wonderfully!!!! It is a single paddle design which does not need help mixing the corners. I have previously used another brand of bread machine and was completely disappointed with the machine. This machine is easly operated and easily cleaned. Perfect for beginners or long time users. This machine will make a two pound loaf with out any trouble. It even allows you to open the lid without turning the machine off so you may add Mix ins or personally watch the mixing of the dough.
BalasHapusmany years ago I used a bread machine. Giving way to the flexibilty of a stand mixer I gave up machine bread and worked on making bread by hand and using a sourdough starter. now with time contraints and kids I have come back to this machine, which offers some amazing features. I have found that if you hold the stop button for 3 sec. you can reset your machine and start over- if you catch your mistake quickly enough. also turning off/unplug for 15 min. will do the same. I had to change the loaf size to match what I had made. I had to do this to fix a setting I had mixed up, 2x on the same loaf and it all came out great! I waited until the bake cycle to cancel, then manually entered the bake minutes as a bake only. It worked out smoothly. made 2 loaves on first day. Both were identical. I was cautious from the previous comments. But so far, so good. The loaf sizes are great and the medium crust setting is nice and the recipees offer more than the slightly sweet bland machine bread of yester-year.
BalasHapusI mourned the death, after five years of excellent service, of my lovely little "Just for Dinner" West Bend bread machine that baked a loaf in only 45 minutes. When gifted with the Cuisinart, I eyed it warily. Too complicated, takes too long, etc. Well, I have been pleasantly surprised. This machine has baked many loaves, usually in an hour when I set it on "Last Minute Loaf." It also makes a lovely Artisan Bread and has produced lots of pizza dough (in ten minutes when set on Last Minute Loaf and removed at the beep). I like the feature that tells you when to remove the paddle, so the loaf doesn't have a big hole. I still haven't exhausted all the possibilites. I do wish the booklet had been put together all the same side up. It's hard enough to flip thru pages without having to keep turning it around. All in all, I am very happy with my new Cuisinart Convection Automatic Bread Maker.
BalasHapusThis is my third bread machine, the first one from Cuisinart.
BalasHapusI bought it last night and made my first loaf this morning. I baked a French bread from the included book. This bread was far and away the best I have ever made in any machine.
I set the crust to medium but it turned out a little lighter than I expected, but it was perfect. Crispy and a little chewy. The consistency of the bread was excellent! It took a bit longer to prepare and cook than my other machines but produced a better result.
I did notice that if the interior container is not fully seated in the machine, it makes a considerable amount of noise and does not mix properly. This may be the reason that other reviewers were not happy with the machine.
I found it easy to use. This time I read and followed the directions from the beginning, something that I don't usually do with a new toy but, since I also read the other posted reviews; I wanted to give the machine a fair test.
BalasHapusI've had a bread machine already when I had purchased this one. My reason for buying this one was that my husband had recently been diagnosed with a Gluten allergy and he is one major bread lover. It's very hard to find gluten free items by us in the local stores. So I buy my gluten free flours and baking supplies mostly from Amazon.
BalasHapusBut this machine works excellent. It has many features and functions and it browns better and makes a better texture loaf than my Welbuilt brand. What really prompted me to purchase this was the price (cheap considering the options) but for the gluten option. Gluten free bread is impossible to make in a standard bread machine unless it has a gluten free option.
This machine makes a perfect loaf time after time. And the shape of the loaf is more attractive-it's horizontal shaped. It looks more like a traditional loaf. And if you wish when the machine prompts you with a quick series of 6 beeps, you can pause it and reach in to take out the paddle and resume the machine. You then will not have to fight with getting that darn paddle out of your baked bread-I had always hated that!!
If your in the market for a bread machine, this one is a must have! You will not go wrong if you purchase this one.
I had been thinking of buying a bread machine for a while, I did a lot of research on the internet. I read all kinds of reviews and came to a conclusion that the Ziroushi (probably spelled wrong) was the best, but cost over $200. I was shopping one day and came across a Cuisinart Convection Bread Maker for only $99. Also it was brushed stainless steel, more attractive in my kitchen. The manual is very easy to read and understand. The machine is beautiful. I couldnt believe how easy it was to make my first loaf of Honey Whole Wheat Bread. Also, the machine is very quiet, other machines I read reviews of the machine being very noisy during the knead cycle, not this one. There are convient beeps to let you know when to add nuts or raisins, also another set of beeps if you want to remove the paddle, so there wont be an unsightly hole in the bottom. The pan is non-stick so the bread comes out very easy. The bread was so delicious that it was gone within 1 hour.
BalasHapusI received this bread machine as a birthday present. I am a long-time bread maker, and considered myself a "purist," i.e., I did it all by hand. But my life is busy, and I realized I had not made homemade bread in years. This machine has gotten a lot of use, at least once per week. I have used it a lot to make various sourdough breads, and I even re-created my mother's oat bread recipe for a bread machine--excellent. I highly recommend this product. A few tips: make sure the pan is seated well in the machine. Use the "light" crust setting. And I make almost all whole grain breads, but found that the whole grain setting did not work nearly as well as setting #1 for white bread. I use the white bread setting all the time now, never the whole wheat setting.
BalasHapus