Best Review on Villaware V2160 ProPress Panini Grill
By A Customer
I pondered buying a Foreman grill until my eye caught sight of this baby. I compared the two grills and by far the Villaware is a better quality grill. I have other Villaware gadgets and this unit is built the with the same high quality standards. I looked no further and bought it on the spot. What an amazing little grill! Yes, it makes great (make that fantastic) panini, but it does so much more. I grilled marinated chicken breast and it cooked them so fast (to my amazement) that I overcooked them. Now that I am aware of the cooking speed, chicken breast comes out juicy. It seers in the juices, so unless you don't pay attention (as I did), it is hard to screw up. Don't underestimate the power of this grill!
Cleaning is a snap - yes, it has that handy dandy comb which does a great job cleaning. What I find very helpful is to pour some hot tap water over the grill once you're done cooking and have unplugged the unit. It loosens the residue and makes the final cleaning extremely easy. This grill shares top billing with my Kitchen Aid and Magic Mill.
The unit is sharp looking and slick. It has a lock on the cover which allows the unit to be stored on end. It takes up very little counter space (yes, I like to look at it all the time..). The fact that it doesn't have a power switch is not an issue for me. In fact I consider it a safety feature (hence the 5 stars). It is also quite heavy and sturdy.
My favorite panini (so far that is....) is from Lidia's Italian-American show. Take a can of tuna packed in olive oil, a can of chick peas drained and lightly smashed, � chopped onion, salt, pepper and some additional olive oil. Mix it all together, spread between thick slices of Italian bread and grill in the mighty Villaware. Delizioso...... Buon appetito!
Get your Villaware V2160 ProPress Panini Grill Now!
Makes great sandwiches with almost any thickness bread or rolls. Easy to use but wish it had an on/off switch rather than having to unplug it. Just a note for all the rocket scientist out there having so much trouble cleaning it -I let the machine cool down quite a bit then place it next to the sink with the drain spout over the sink - wipe the heavy stuff off with a hot soapy towel - then I use a soft bristle mushroom cleaning brush dipped in hot soapy water to get the grooves clean - then carefully rinse grill plates off with the sink sprayer. It takes only about 3-4 minutes to clean.
BalasHapus
BalasHapusI pondered buying a Foreman grill until my eye caught sight of this baby. I compared the two grills and by far the Villaware is a better quality grill. I have other Villaware gadgets and this unit is built the with the same high quality standards. I looked no further and bought it on the spot. What an amazing little grill! Yes, it makes great (make that fantastic) panini, but it does so much more. I grilled marinated chicken breast and it cooked them so fast (to my amazement) that I overcooked them. Now that I am aware of the cooking speed, chicken breast comes out juicy. It seers in the juices, so unless you don't pay attention (as I did), it is hard to screw up. Don't underestimate the power of this grill!Cleaning is a snap - yes, it has that handy dandy comb which does a great job cleaning. What I find very helpful is to pour some hot tap water over the grill once you're done cooking and have unplugged the unit. It loosens the residue and makes the final cleaning extremely easy. This grill shares top billing with my Kitchen Aid and Magic Mill. The unit is sharp looking and slick. It has a lock on the cover which allows the unit to be stored on end. It takes up very little counter space (yes, I like to look at it all the time..). The fact that it doesn't have a power switch is not an issue for me. In fact I consider it a safety feature (hence the 5 stars). It is also quite heavy and sturdy. My favorite panini (so far that is....) is from Lidia's Italian-American show. Take a can of tuna packed in olive oil, a can of chick peas drained and lightly smashed, � chopped onion, salt, pepper and some additional olive oil. Mix it all together, spread between thick slices of Italian bread and grill in the mighty Villaware. Delizioso...... Buon appetito!
BalasHapusBy A Customer
BalasHapusBought it for panini's, suprised with meats. Made juicy tender perfect chicken breasts in less than 10 minutes. Used a polder thermometer to monitor the progress. Perfect grill marks on juicy tender chicken.Pros:
BalasHapus-Powerful heating elements
-Truly nonstick
-Floating top plate allows large capacity for thick sandwiches, meats with even browning
-Includes indispensible cleaning tool
-Drip spout and tray
-Variable temp control
-Stay cool handle
-Cord wrap in base
-Solid constructionCons:
-noneLack of on/off switch not missed...one less step to perfect paninis. We use is 2-4 times a week.
I purchased the Villaware after researching quite a few Panini grills...and boy did I choose wisely. I am a novice in the kitchen, but I am happy to report that my grilled sandwiches have received a handful of rave reviews. I now use it at least twice a week.
BalasHapusOne caveat, the black metal piece on the back portion of the grill, really does get HOT! Unfortunately, I learned this the hard way. Final verdict: So far this Villaware Panini Grill is the smartest appliance purchase, I've made this year.